The last few weeks have been crazy and I have covered the complete emotional spectrum at least twice since Thursday. Bexfast has been completely restructured which was incredibly scary at first but has now opened some really cool new doors, I turned 30, it has been the Easter holidays which means I have had ZERO time to think or get very much done and, well, it’s just hard to believe in yourself sometimes. I needed to take some pressure off so after a few proseccos I thought it would be a great idea to make something breakfasty for the next morning so that I could just wake up and drown myself in coffee before getting knee deep in porridge and chia seeds.
As I hadn’t planned this recipe I had to work with what I had so I will definitely be making some variations of this in the near future and will update with my favourite ones!
35g blended oats/oat flour
1/4-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 + 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 heaped Tbsp peanut butter
Pinch of sea salt
290ml any non-dairy milk you like
3 medjool dates pitted + torn into small pieces (If I had maple syrup I would have probably used 2 Tbsp of that instead and added 1 torn up date just for texture)
* Preheat oven to 190 degrees
* Mix all the dry ingredients together
* Add the milk about a third at a time and stir well as you go
* Mix in the peanut butter and maple syrup if you are using it
* Chopped nuts and vanilla would go really well so add them now if you want to
* Grease an oven dish with a small amount of coconut oil – I used a medium sized square pyrex dish – no idea what size it is
* Pour/spoon in mixture
* Sprinkle on your toppings – I used Graze Chocolate Cherry Protein Granola Topper but you could use whatever. Granola, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, slices of strawberries, cacao nibs, thin peach slices, coconut.. anything you like!
* Bake in the oven for 40mins
Once your cakey thing is done then it needs to be left to COMPLETELY cool down before you dive in so please exercise some patience!! I made mine the night before and when I woke up it was just there waiting for me to slice and shove in my face which was just so perfect.
Let me know if you make it! Xx