Hey, how are you? Hope you are having a great start to your day so far.
This recipe is a sure-fire way to make your mornings incredible and at the moment eating a great breakfast that warms and fills me up and tastes shamazing is probably the only reason I can scrape myself out of bed at 6am! So cold & dark!! 😦
All the recipes you find on this blog are seriously good for you
– no added sugar, no dairy, no mental maths or algebra needed –
so there’s not one ounce of guilt (or difficulty) in eating cake for breakfast! We are about to be living the dream people..
WHAT YOU NEED:
* 170g oats
* 80g spelt flour
* 1 large spotty banana
* 2 Tbsp flaxseeds
* Pinch of salt
* 1 Tbsp vegan butter (or normal margarine)
* large punnet of blackberries (you can use any fruit you want strawberries/cherries/blueberries/raspberries/peach or a mix of your faves)
* 1 large spotty banana
* 1 Tbsp date nectar/honey/maple syrup (whatever)
HOW TO WACK IT TOGETHER:
* In a bowl mash 1 ripe banana with a fork until mostly smooth
* Add oats, Spelt flour, flax seeds and salt and mix together
* Get your hands involved and start to rub this mixture together into smaller clumps
* Add the butter and get your hands back in rubbing it all together. Crumble bit done.
NOTE: You don’t want the mixture super fine so smallish clumps are very ok.. Don’t over work yourself now!
* In your oven dish throw in your fruit, add the date nectar/honey/syrup, mix well and spread the fruit out so that it covers the base. Don’t worry if there are small gaps between the fruit, the juice will ooze out when it’s cooking and fill it all in. I used a small square 25cm x 22cm pyrex dish.
* Slice your second banana into pieces and place on top of the berries at random or in rows, whatever makes you feel happiest.
* Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit so that it is evenly covered. If you find that there isn’t quite enough to go all the way to the edges then don’t panic, it will still be fine. You are just leaving some ‘breathing’ room. Haha! The best thing about this is that you can’t really go wrong.
SUPER EASY COCONUT CASHEW CREAM:
* Handful of cashew nuts
* 2 teaspoons of creamed coconut or 1 Tbsp coconut cream from an unshaken can
* Splash of water – I didn’t measure how much I used but probably about 5 tablespoons worth. Add more or less to make the consistency you like.
* Whizz in a blender. Done.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
If you are having this straight away then go ahead and put it in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 mins, I have a fan oven and had it at 200 degrees, check on it a few times just to make sure it’s all going to plan.. food disappointment is THE worst!!!
If you are making it in advance then cover with cling film and put it in the fridge until you are ready.
Having it for breakfast? Good for you!! Put the oven on when you wake up, put the kettle or coffee machine on, put the crumble in the oven, have a shower, sort your self out and then stuff your face with happiness. Your day can only be great after this.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you make it and how it turns out!
Have a really incredible day
100% Yum. 0% Junk.