Hey, just a quick post as this always comes up in convo!
I love black. I live my whole life in black and I always get told off for wearing nada but black BUT there are some real reasons I do it! It’s not that I don’t like colour, in fact, I really love colour and think it looks amazing on other people.. I just don’t like wearing it myself! So here are 5 reasons that Bex loves black..
- Everything in my wardrobe goes!! I could literally pull out any 2 items and off I go. This saves me so much time.
- Growing up I used to have a lot of problems with getting dressed. I never felt comfortable in my clothes and would almost daily get to the point of crying with frustration because I just couldn’t decide what to wear. Sometimes it made me not want to leave the house. This was one of the main reasons to minimalise my wardrobe and has completely solved the issue!
- Black always looks stylish (until it goes grey-ish)
- Studies show that people who wear the same or very similar clothing every day tend to be more successful. Think Steve Jobs or Simon Cowell. In taking the decision making process out of smaller tasks, like choosing your outfit, you begin to avoid ‘Decision Fatigue’ which refers to the deteriorating quality of decisions made after a long session of decision making, leaving you with more mental capacity for solving more important problems and being more productive.
- I’m really not that concerned about wearing the latest fashion, I like what I like and I don’t want to be dictated to. The media is full of billions of things that ‘you absolutely can’t live without this season’ and the more I have grown away from consumerism the more I find being told what I have to wear just a bit crazy. I used to spend so much money on clothes and shoes and I just don’t feel the need to do that anymore. In fact, I’m selling a good majority of what’s inside my wardrobe! The things I need are good people, good food, health and compassion for others.. and my running shoes!!