Welcome to my kitchen, let’s make some ridiculously delicious + easy breakfast that is actually good for you!
What you need:
- 10 mins
- a jar/glass, bowl and spoon
- 50g oats
- half a small ripe avocado, mashed
- 1-2 figs cut into small pieces
- handful of blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- peanut butter
- 100ml of dairy-free milk (I used organic rice milk)
- hemp seeds, soaked in water overnight (optional)
How To Make It:
- In a bowl mix together the oats, chia seeds, milk and mashed avocado then chuck in the soaked hemp seeds (awesome source of protein!) and most of the figs and blueberries, save a few pieces of both to add on top, and stir together.
NOTE: Make sure your avocado is super ripe, if it’s hard it won’t be creamy and smoothe, it will be lumpy and bitty! Not cool. Also, I find that adding the milk slowly while mixing gives the best results when making overnight oats. Texture is a completely personal thing too so don’t add it all if you feel it’s getting to wet. Make it your own!
- Put the mixture into your jar, glass or bowl.
- Now it’s time to get creative.. I added a spoonful of peanut butter, the pieces of fig and blueberries I saved, added some more hemp seeds on top and arranged it to look insta-ready! There is a lot of science behind eating a visually attractive meal and feeling satisfied and happy so even if you aren’t into taking pics of your food then taking a few minutes to make it look awesome could still be really worthwhile.
- Once you are happy with your pot, cover it and pop it in the fridge.
- Wake up, take it out of the fridge, take a pic, dig in your spoon. Happiness.
It is really that easy! If you make this recipe and are on instagram or twitter then make sure you tag me so I can check out your creations
100% YUM. 0% JUNK.